How do I clean tea/coffee stains on my carpet?
My pet knocked over my cup of tea and now, my carpet is stained! How do I remove it as much as I can before sending it for professional washing?
Ease this problem in 5 easy steps.
- Pour one cup of baking soda into a bowl.
- Take a damp cloth and coat it with baking soda. Apply directly on the tea stain.
- Rinse the affected area with cold water.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 as necessary.
- Rinse the affected area with cold water and pat dry. This is a great way to go when wondering how to get tea stain out of a carpet.
Uh-oh, I stained my favourite shirt with lipstick!
Sometimes, things happen but not to worry, you can follow the steps below to wear your favourite shirt again!
Spray some hairspray directly onto the lipstick stain. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Damp a cloth with warm water and dab away the lipstick. Rinse the fabric to remove the remaining stain. You can use dishwashing soap for deeper stains. Once the stain has been completely removed, you can dry your shirt.
A cautionary note, please make sure that the fabric doesn’t have any special care instructions.
My dog answered nature’s call on the sofa. How should I clean it?
That’s not a nice situation to be in but unfortunately if you find yourself in one, you can take the following steps.
Firstly, soak up as much urine as possible from the upholstery before you use any cleaning agent. Next, sprinkle some baking soda on the stain and let it sit for 5 minutes. The baking soda will work to deodorize the stain. In a spray bottle, mix equal parts of water and distilled white vinegar, and spray onto stain. Let dry.